Due to our continued expansion, we are looking to hire two equine vets to work alongside us, in a family flexible company. Little Rock Equine Vets has been going since October 2020 and we haven’t had issues with staff retention. We want to come into work with a spring in our step and a happy glint in our eyes, and so far all of us including the boss have managed to do that every day since the doors of the practice opened.
We are looking for someone ideally with 2 years or more, equine experience, who is comfortable working up cases and taking care of clients to a high standard.
We believe in taking care of our staff, our equine patients and clients in our care.
We embrace working up cases to get to the bottom of the problem. We have all the equipment that you would expect to allow us to do this; including battery powered digital X-ray kits, dental power tools, ultrasound, gastroscope, endoscope and a focal shockwave machine.
CPD either clinical or for personal development is unlimited. If it helps you to reach the life goals you have then it helps us.
If you have a passion for horses and people, and you love to see your clients and their steeds reach their potential or just enjoy their retirement with your help, please get in touch.
What we offer:
- Flexible working. We are a team of working parents who know all about the juggling that is needed to ensure that both the family and the job are balanced. We endeavour for your working day to finish on time whilst ensuring you have enough time in the day to complete tasks to the best of your ability.
- A competent second set of hands in the form of Student Vet nurses. They are our second reliable set of hands, the second set of eyes to keep you safe while working on the road. This means that you don’t have to worry about lone working on calls. They also have a wonderful sense of humour and an innate ability to make you smile even on the toughest of days.
- A four day working week. 1 in 5 on call.
- A great team of people. Directors that want to learn from you and your experiences. An amazing office manager and office team who know our clients so well that they will be able to guide you to your call even if Satnav lets you down
- If you have an idea or an area that you are passionate about then we are keen to work with you and support your development.
- We value those who wish to help our little company reach it’s full potential. In return we offer a good basic salary, an OOH stipend and profit share.
- We also feel that if you have worked a weekend that you deserve your time back and therefore you get two days off the following week after a weekend on call.
- We have a profit share for all permanent employees from those that work behind the scenes to those that are the customer facing part of our business.
- We actively encourage career progression. This is open to everyone that has the drive and passion, regardless of your working pattern.
What we are looking for:
- Ideally 2+ years equine experience.
- Someone who is comfortable working in an ambulatory environment, that also knows that any support is only a phone call away.
- Someone who is happy to work up horses to a high standard stable side, and can deal with a variety of clientele.
- Our working hours are 830am to 5pm but you are usually well on your way home by 430.
- You get the week night off on call after your weekend on call.
We want you to come into cases with a twinkle in your eye and a spring in your step. If this sounds like the type of company you would be interested in working with, please feel free to give Shelley (07932634362) or Lucy (07943685611) a call for an informal chat. You can also send your CV and covering letter to Office@littlerockequinevets.co.uk for the attention of Shelley.
“When we support each other, fantastic things happen”